Newsletter sign up!
© University of Ottawa Press
The University of Ottawa Press only considers complete proposals that adhere to our guidelines, as explained below. All projects that are accepted are done so conditionally, pending positive peer review.
In your proposal package, you must include:
- Proposal form (please see below)
- Curriculum vitae
- 1-2 sample chapters (for monographs only)*
- Manuscript (for collected works only)*
- Table of Contents*
- 2-5 page proposal/summary (please see below)
- Contributor names, short bios, and citizenships (for collected works only)
*Please submit in a Word.doc, 12pt Times New Roman font, double spaced, with no embedded images.
The UOP adheres to the following style standards, depending on the subject of the work:
The Proposal Form includes the following information:
- Author name(s)
- Contact information
- Project title and subtitle
- Author role in the project (author, editor, etc.)
- Any permissions related to the project
- Estimated timeline for completion of the manuscript
- Type of manuscript (monograph, revised thesis, collected works, etc.)
- Physical estimates: page length, number of images
- Reference style used
When writing your 2-5 page proposal, please answer the following questions:
- Has any part of this work been previously published?
- Why did you choose to submit to UOP?
- How do you feel your project fits with the UOP’s publications?
- What is the scope of the project?
- What is the aim of the project?
- What academic context surrounds your project?
- What theories and empirical support are included? From what years does this information date?
- What is the market/audience for this project? What is its competition?
- What is the distinct contribution your project makes?
Please note that the University of Ottawa Press does not accept:
- Bilingual works (texts must be either entirely in English or entirely in French in order to be considered for publication)
- Undergraduate or masters theses
- Doctoral theses that have not been substantially revised
If your proposal is accepted, we will send you a letter of interest. These letters are conditional based on the completion of the manuscript in a given period, positive peer review, and funding. Please be as accurate as possible in estimating your completion dates, as you will have to resubmit if you exceed the due date specified in the letter of interest.
The UOP prefers electronic submissions.
Please send your proposal to:
University of Ottawa Press
542 King Edward Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5